Monday, October 27, 2008

emmasen 063





26Oct08

- I left my cabbage soup on the fire and completely forgot about it!!! Moreover, I left it on at full fire! By ABBA's Grace - truly, praise JESUS! - I decided not to sleep although it was already 12:30pm. The HOLY SPIRIT prompted me to go to New Creation Church website to watch Pastor Joseph Prince's video sermon: Nuggets of Blessings from the Feeding of The Five Thousand (John 6, although this is the only miracle by JESUS that appeared in all the four Gospels).

- If I had gone to sleep, the damage not only to the pot, stove, kitchen and possibly the flat could have been unimaginable! Midway through the sermon, I smelt something suspicious and shot into the kitchen to turn off the fire. Thank ABBA! Several minutes later, after letting the pot cool and having removed the charred cabbage - I added boiling water with some salt added and brought it to the boil.

- A friend taught me this, saying that by boiling the charred remains stuck onto the pot, it will help dislodge it from the surface. Then I left it to stand overnight, thinking whether I could salvage the pot tomorrow. My journalistic duty failed me and I forgot to take a photo of the angry pot. The photo above is a re-constructed one :P

- The next morning, which is this morning, I gave the pot a good scrub with salt and vinegar - and hallelujah! ABBA saved my pot! Not forgetting that last night, He saved the stove, He saved the kitchen, He saved my flat, He saved me and my flatmates! JESUS - His Name means JEHOVAH saves - truly He saves.

- On this note - I'm sure you have already read the joke about this. Briefly - satan was constantly bickering at JESUS. GOD finally set a administrative task to decide who would win. Whether satan or JESUS wins, satan'll have to stop the bickering. So, both of them began to work furiously. Whilst satan proceeded at hellish speed, JESUS worked at a divine velocity. They hammered away at their PCs, they faxed, they emailed, they created powerpoints, they developed spreadsheets.

- Then suddenly, a lightning bolt struck and both their PCs went dead. IT Support was called in and restored the system. However, satan's monitor remained blank whilst JESUS' monitor blinked into life. Full of fury, satan accused GOD and the IT Support of secretly resurrecting JESUS' files and data. GOD simply shrugged His shoulders, and said, "JESUS saves."

- One of our coursemate from India made a dessert "halva" and gave some to Tracy and I to try. It is to celebrate Deepavali, which will fall on tomorrow.

No comments: