Thursday, October 2, 2008

emmasen 038





1Oct08

Hmmm, October already. I could almost hear the Civil Defence siren sounding off at 12nn in Singapore.

After lectures today, we collected our monthly scholarship dues, and I cycled to the bank to deposit it. Then I cycled to city central where I took a photo with a tatty bear (it was promoting the opening of a new bookshop - but alas most of the books are in Dutch). Then I shopped for groceries at Plus. They have a 'bucket of apples' promotion. Last week it was only E$2.99 for a bucket brimming with apples. Today they took the price down to E$2.49, and it included really nice pears too. I've got so much apples in my flat, sometimes I have 3 per day, and I make a tangy drink of simmered apples. What's more than the price is - every Singaporean loves a free gift lahh! - the free bucket that goes with the apples and pears! Right now, I have 2 buckets - I can use them to organize all my gadget's wires, and I can use them for laundry. Since arriving for my studies, I've been handwashing all my clothes - habit lahh, habit! And the clothes dry really fast if I place them near the heater, even my jeans dry by the time I come back in the evening! Thank ABBA for a working heater system!
We had an evening dinner appointment. We celebrated Munira and Baby's Hari Raya Aidilfiltri with a pot-bless. Tracy and I cooked tilapia in tomato sauce. Ivana and Yeeling cooked rice and (? forgot the type) curry. Munira and Baby made pasta, tuna and brought corn (called maize here), sweets and fruit. We had a lovely time - lovely. Praise ABBA for friends.

No comments: