Wednesday, October 15, 2008

emmasen 051


14 Oct 08

1) Wine is relatively much cheaper here. On special offer, these red wines cost E$2.50 each, about S$5/-!

2) As I was cycling back from Jumbo supermarket after buying the red wine and other groceries (had a cup of MacDonald's vanilla ice cream too! yumm for E$1) - 2 women cyclists overtook me at a curvish bicycle lane. They were talking to each other, riding abreast, and going at a high speed. The bicycle lane is good for 2 bikers abreast - hence I thought, when I heard them coming from behind - that they would overtake me one after another.
To my surprise, they were still abreast of each other when they passed me - and to my shock, the rear of the bike nearest me clipped my front tyre as we manoevred the curve.
My bike wobbled, I let out a shout (hopefully it wasn't an expletive), let go of my bike and simply fell off to the side. Thank ABBA there were no other bikes, scooters or scooter-bikes (they are permitted to go on bike lanes as well) behind us! I was indignant - and proceeded to give the two women, who thankfully, stopped to try to offer help, a good but not so nice piece of my mind! (in English, so I think they received the good piece but not the not-so-nice piece).
I checked myself and there was a tiny graze on a finger knuckle - praise ABBA. Thank GOD too that made-in-Holland bikes are good quality stuff. Other than my bell now going thud-thud instead of ring-a-ling, there were no other visible damages. But wait - I had 2 bottles of wine in the bicycle-bags! I opened the flaps to check ...
to be continued in the next episode of Bike-Bites-Bitumen ...
... remember to tune in next week! ...
No lahh, I not so drama as to have two parts to my story - Hallelujah! The wine winked at me when they caught the sunlight as I opened the flaps (each bottle very safe in each side of the bags).
And didn't ABBA's promise say in Psalm 91: He commands His angels concerning Voon-Cheng - to guard me in all my ways - They will lift me up in their hands - so that I will not strike my foot against a stone!
Truly thank ABBA for His protection, for me, for my bicycle ... and for my wine, which I enjoyed later after dinner! JESUS is good all the time!

No comments: