Monday, April 13, 2009

emmasen 232




13Apr09
- Tiny white and yellow wild flowers are blossoming amongst the verdant grass.
- I recall what Psalm 103:15 and 16 say of the frailty of a human's material life:
"As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more".
- Depressing? Yes. But note that it refers only to a person's material life.
- That is verses 15 & 16.
- In the following verse, verse 17, God's glorious Word accomplishes two things for the spiritual life of those who has put their faith in Jesus.
- First, it confirms three earlier verses - v.11-13.
- Now let me personalize it to myself, ok?
v.11 - For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for Voon-Cheng in Christ Jesus who fear (worship) Him.
v.12 - As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed my transgressions from me.
v.13 - As a father has compassion on his children, so The Lord has compassion on Voon-Cheng who fear (worship) Him.
- These three verses speak of and confirms His love, His grace, and The Finished Work of Christ Jesus at calvary for me, already and always.
- And, secondly, verse 17 proclaims His eternal favour and blessings on me through, again, The Finished Work of Christ Jesus.
- Verse 17 declares:
"But from everlasting to everlasting,
The Lord's love is with Voon-Cheng who fear (worship) Him,
and His righteousness with my children's children (family)!"
- O, what a divine assurance - from everlasting to everlasting ...
His love and righteousness is with me and my family!
- It is of little wonder, then, that the psalm concluded with "praise The Lord, O my soul!"
- And I too, conclude my entry for today: Praise The Lord, O my soul!
- That's my thanksgiving for He who blesses me for simply putting my faith in Jesus!
- The grace and shalom-peace of God in Christ Jesus be on you, today and always.

No comments: