Friday, April 10, 2009

emmasen 229



10Apr09
- Easter will be slightly wet and cloudy.
- Amazingly, just over a couple of day, the energy of spring has pushed young green shoots sprouting on the tree near my window.
- And the trees across the field are now also brimming with green life.
- I hum softy the hymn that comes to mind:
"This is my Father's world ...
... all nature sings ...
... I rest me in the thought, of rocks & trees, of skies & seas,
His hand the wonders wrought!
This is my Father's world,
O let Voon-Cheng ne'er forget!
that though the wrong seems oft so strong -
God is The Ruler yet!
This is my Father's world,
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King - let the heavens ring
God reigns! Let the earth be glad!"
- Lyrics by Maltbie D. Babcock; melody adapted by Franklin L. Sheppard
- And Abba's Word brings such light and comfort:
Ecc. 3: 1
"To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven"
- v.11 "He hath made every thing beautiful in his time"
... and I breathed a whisper-light prayer, from Pro 3:
"Abba, let Voon-Cheng trust You with all my heart,
and lean not upon my own understanding
in all my ways, help me to always acknowledge Your amazing grace,
Your everlasting love,
and The Finished Work of Christ Jesus at the cross for me -
and thank You that in Christ Jesus,
You shall always and ever direct my paths,
for I ask this in Jesus' precious Name, amen."
- May the grace and truth of Good Friday impart more and more, such a glorious revelation in The Blood, The Stripes, and The Cross of Christ Jesus at Calvary more than 2000 years for you and I, already and always (- hey, my name: Aredi Alwis!)
- Bless you, on Blessed Good Friday.
from me, here in London.

1 comment:

dosdan said...

Voon-Cheng, I've been thinking how difficult it must be for you to be spending so much time away from your biological family.

I hope you've found support through your spiritual family (all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ). That's one of the wonderful things about being a disciple of the King, you can easily have warm friendships with complete strangers when you discover you both have the same Father. We are all "Blood" brothers & sisters.

Father we thank you that your Son paid the supreme price so that wretches like us could have hope. When we think of Easter we remember two things:

At the cross the Son freely laid done His life (no man could have taken it from him otherwise). That sacrifice brings us sorrow that it was necessary for Jesus to have to do that because of our sin.

After 3 days, through the resurrection power of the Spirit, he took His life up again. That event brings us great joy because it vindicates all He said he was and would do. Our Lord is the risen Christ! He has conquered hell, death and the grave. He has given us this promise:

1 John 2:25 (NKJV)
25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

1 John 5:11-12 (NKJV)
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

John 6:54 (NKJV)
54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

We thank you Father for the gift of hope and salvation that has come to us through the selfless act of love of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We pray for the Body of Christ at this wonderful time of the year. Strengthen it, protect it, unite it and let it fulfil Your will. In Jesus name we ask that this be so. Amen.