Wednesday, November 5, 2008

emmasen 071






3Nov08

- My hairdressing kit comprise a protective shawl, pair of hairdressing scissors, comb, and handheld mirror. I've been trimming my own hair (and henna-ing it) for many years now. Have not been to a hair salon for years. Started off with being dissatisfied at how salon owners always try to pressurize customers to buy other services and their marked up pricey products. I also dislike them saying negative things in order to achieve their goals, eg. aiyah, your hair's very fine and limp, try our body perm followed by a protein steam - will make it look better.
- So I decided to learn hairdressing for my own sake. Can't even remember which year. Learnt it at Kembangan C.C. No looking back since then. Not only have trimmed my own hair, whoever dares to let me attempt, I will try. When Papa wasn't very steady in his walk to go down to town for his favourite haircut, Mother and I asked him not to, so I began to 'barber' him, even with a nose-hair trim (special scissors), the traditional shaving blade, shaving brush with soap, and a final shoulder massage! He loved it!

- Two weeks ago, I trimmed Yee-ling's fringe, and today, I trimmed Sarita's hair. Have scissors will travel!

- Swati, the visiting academic from India, presented me with a gift - a coin purse with an owl design, and a 5rupee coin in it. I thanked her for her well-wishes - wisdom and prosperity, and she laughed as she agreed.

No comments: