Wednesday, February 18, 2009

emmasen 177




17Feb09
- Netherlands Carnival - called Nederland Carnaval in Dutch - will start in this weekend. Lots of merry making, music, dancing, street celebrations, colourful costumes, etc.
- Shops especially pubs are all geared up for the cash registers to ring.
- This evening, invited the Senco of the Buddy School that I visited for my project, and his wife for dinner at Tony's Wok. As I am familiar with Tony's boss and his wife, I asked for permission to bring my own proper plates and cutlery. The couple were so nice and he did big portions of stirfry for our plates.
- As usual, he offered fried siew-mai and loempias (Indonesian fried spring rolls) on the house.
- He stirfried something special for me - a Wenzhou (his hometown) specialty fried rice, with beef!
- Lovely dinner, thank you ABBA.

No comments: