Sunday, January 4, 2009

emmasen 132







3Jan09
- An absolutely good and ever-thoughtful friend, Linda, packed me some Vicks and Nestle lozenges - and they have brought such relief to my ticklish throat: Bless her!
- So by ABBA's grace - as I was out for the first time after 5days of rest - I spied a car licence in her initials! G stands for GOD. And you know, people denote kisses by drawing Xs ... so Linda, GX means that ABBA gives you a fatherly, loving kiss always!
- Every stationary thing outside wears a translucent, ethereal silver frost!
- Then as I cycled to Centrum - a somewhat nostalgic scene caught my eyes: patches of public sidewalks were littered with red pieces of paper that was once barrel-fireworks' wrappers, but now blasted into smittereens.
- Somewhat similar to what I saw during my primary and early secondary school days back in Singapore!
- (Firecrackers were banned in Singapore in 1970)
- Although they were set off throughout the 15 days of Chinese New Year - long chains of them were hoisted up in mid-air to be let off especially on the last day, also called Chap Ngoh Meh.
- The thunderous cacophony of gunpowder, an orchestrated conspiracy, boastfulness and competition between nearly every Chinese household in the neighbourhood, is heartstopping.
- One could nearly not be able to see the road tarmac the morning after, as entire sections were carpeted with gaudy scarlet shreds of once proud, loud firecrackers ...

No comments: