Sunday, December 14, 2008

emmasen 111






































13Dec08
- Praise JESUS, His wisdom enabled me to hand in my 2nd assignment last night, after dinner fellowship.
- I cooked - praise ABBA, independently! - chicken in red curry gravy, with onions, tomatoes and potatoes!
- So, I decided to make a day visit to Maastricht, the southern most town of Netherlands
- Made a very early setting out, at minus 1degC, for the 7:30am train and reached Maastricht at 9am.
- I noticed that even the train can be very packed, and old people are lingering by the aisle, seated passengers can have their bags in the empty seat and not bothered at all. If you need the seat, open your mouth. Then they will remove their bags. You can see a pix here.
- Some interesting things I saw: Fleamart, Boat Motels, Old Castle Towers and Walls dating back to 13th Century, the Modern Bridge, the Old Bridge, St. Petersburg Cathedral, frost on leaves, Town Square unused Water Pump (Zimbabwe is facing cholera outbreak now, in the London cholera epidemic in 1854, Dr John Snow forensically traced the source to the excrement contaminated town square water pump on Broad Street), Old Buildings, the Maastricht Winterland Fair.
- Oh, it was just an ocean of people at the fair: carousel, ferris wheel (I took a ride at E$4), dinosaur park ride, food (I had goulash soup, then braadworst - huge sausage with onions and mustard), iceskating, etc.
- I had taste of hot Gluhwein - Austria-Belgium-Germany origin type of wine with aromatics such as lemon, orange and herbs, served piping hot. Oh, it was nice at 2degC in the streets, with a biting wind.

No comments: