Friday, August 1, 2008

Friends Forever 010











If there are any groups of my friends who can tolerate all my cheesy jokes, this group of former-colleagues: Joyce, Judy and Peng Choo would count as one of them. I got to know Judy in 1991 (that's 17 years ago), and Joyce and Peng Choo in 2001 - and instantly I know I can trust them. The topmost photo showed us getting together yesterday - they had very thoughtfully brought me out for lunch at Crystal Jade, hmmm, yummy. Thanks, Girls.

Joyce, Judy and I enjoyed our 5-day holiday in Adelaide in Dec'2005. We stayed in a cosy hotel called Hotel 208 - and we managed to meet up with former colleague Sharon and her family there, and they took us to many places, including a cherry farm that we liked tremendously. We also managed to catch up with former colleagues Felicia and Vanessa who have settled in the nice and tranquil city famed for its alfresco dining.

On the 4th day of our vacation, Joyce, Judy and I booked a full day tour to visit Kangaroo Island, one of its highlights being to watch sealions at Seal Bay. By the time we boarded the cruise back to mainland, it was already evening and we, being tired, napped in the coach as it travelled back to various hotels in the night. Abruptly, we were told we have reached our hotel. We hastily grabbed our bags and got up.

At the entrance just before we alighted, the driver - in an effort to confirm our hotel - he suddenly asked me (I had to be the one infront leading the two small gals under my charge, you know) - what is the name of our hotel. In limbo between nap and reality, and with the two girls behind me jostling - I garbled: Hotel 88! Trust me to mix up Adelaide's Hotel 208 with Singapore's Hotel 81!

No comments: