Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Tree




A few months ago, Carolina gave me a gift (bless her!) - a little plastic jar. In it are many rolled-up strips of Bible verses. Occasionally I will unroll one to read. There is a term called 'The Rhema Word of GOD' which, I was told is a Scripture verse that, when I read it, 'jumps upon' me, is especially edifying, and immediately fills a personal need in a particular circumstance.

This happened when I read one of the verses recently. It is about 'trees'. Although I have many, many of GOD's promises and assurances regarding my forthcoming one year study in Europe - there are still many unknowns in the pipeline. Gracious Father GOD used one of these precious verses to once-more establish me in His love, grace and shalom-peace.

The Scripture verse is from Jeremiah 17:7,8 which I personalize into:
“In CHRIST JESUS - blessed is Voon-Cheng who trusts in the Lord JESUS,
And whose hope is Him.
For Voon-Cheng shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And Voon-Cheng will not fear when heat comes; but my leaf will be green,
And Voon-Cheng will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will I cease from yielding fruit."

While the world has received its report-book for the 2008/2009 year of 'drought' caused by recession and inflation, praise GOD that He comforts me that the 'year of drought' will not harm me. The word 'hope' means a confident and joyful expectation of GOD's good things to happen in my life! And what do I need to do? It is written that I only need faith to trust and hope in Him. Letting His peace guard my heart and my mind - do not be anxious about anything; and letting not my heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. This, I have to hold unswervingly to.

Jer 17;7,8 is a mirror verse of Psalm 1:3, that says, (also personalized):
"In CHRIST JESUS, Voon-Cheng shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
Voon-Cheng bring forth fruit in its season,
My leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever Voon-Cheng does shall prosper."

The 'rivers of water' that I am planted by refers to The HOLY SPIRIT in me (John 7:37-39) - which is imparted after JESUS' death. Hence the two passages exhort me to never forget to focus on The Finished Work of CHRIST at the cross for me:
* He shed His Blood and died to forgive all my sins - and gave me His Righteousness;
* His Body was wounded to heal me of all my diseases - and gave me His Resurrection Life.

Upon a tree on Calvary Hill, The SON of GOD was hung as a curse for me - that I receive His blessings forevermore (Galatians 3:13,14).

He gave His Life for me on a tree of death and the curse - that I am today grafted into The Tree whose foliage is always green, who will never fail to bear fruit, and through This Tree of Life - whatever I do prospers and is successful. Thank You, LORD JESUS.

No comments: