Saturday, August 9, 2008

Celebrating Life











Today, on Sat. 9 Aug 08 - I celebrate life.

I celebrate new life - Mona and Hubert's new born son arrived 3 days ago - a bundle of delight for new parents, their families and relative, and us friends. The photos above are Mona and Hubert's new born son, Mona and Hubert at their wedding dinner - cutting cake and pouring champagne; and Mona with an elegant baby bump. I rejoice with both proud parents their new roles, new dreams, and a new horizon. May GOD bless Mona and Hubert with many, many joyful days ahead, and His guardian angel to watch over their new born son.

I continue to celebrate friends. Carolina, Linda and myself visited proud parents Mona and Hubert and baby boy yesterday. After that we had another round of coffee, cake and chat. I'm grateful that I have friends with whom I can just talk at lengths about everything that friends can confide in. May GOD continue to bless Carolina and Linda and their families richly.
Singapore's 43rd National Day being today - I celebrate my wonderful Nation Singapore together with it's nearly 5 mil population. I am certainly proud and privileged in being a Singapore Citizen. I love Singapore, and pray for continued showers of blessings for its leaders, its citizens and all who live, work and visit here. Indeed, there was a refreshing rain before the actual parade began in the evening.

I celebrate also the spirit of sportsmanship at the Beijing Olympics. I applaud the decision 30 years ago in 1978 by the Chinese government to soften its Marxist-Leninist rule, and open the doors of China to the world. May GOD continue to open the hearts and minds of its leaders and peoples regarding freedom and spiritual freedom.

I praise GOD for His Life in me through CHRIST JESUS. I celebrate His love and His grace. I echo the psalmist in Psalms 63:3, and declare: "I praise You GOD, because Your lovingkindness is better than life itself." Sometimes I am too busy with life and its activities. When I quieten down and rest in His Presence - I meditate on His everlasting love and immense grace over my life. Then I realize how much 'life' pales in comparison with His tender-mercies.

Above all - even as I celebrate this earthly life, I celebrate His lovingkindness, which is far better than life itself.

No comments: