Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Identity



On my way to church today, I saw three Cosplay characters, and took a photo with them. Their characters are, from left: Karda, Lavi, and Komui - all from the D.Gray-Man series. Many people do not think much of people who go for Cosplay. But I admire their courage, their creativity. They really need much dare to stand up for their pursuit, to display their Cosplay characters in public - literally being uncommon. Generally the common mass tend to pull down those who are uncommon, don't you think so? Who knows I may be a Cosplay fan if various conditions were favourable, *ahem*, one of them being, *cough*, age. Cosplay fans assume a new identity when they are dressed up in their favourite characters. They no longer become a common person.

In CHRIST JESUS, GOD's Word says that I am a new creation (2 Co 5:17) - and it all began with the love and The Finished Work of CHRIST at the cross (v14). All old things connected to me have passed away, and woww! everything about me in Him has become completely new. In the past, I try to be a righteous believer by keeping laws. But this old mindset is gone. Now, my new mindset is: I know that I am righteous because CHRIST died for me (v20).

This is the new mindset in His grace. And I am set apart from being common, by His shed Blood at the cross for me. I have become uncommon. I am set apart in His love, His grace and His Finished Work. In Him, I have an everlasting new identity: I am a new creation; and I am no longer common, but divinely set apart.

No comments: