Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Friends Forever 011



Friends-Forever Carolina and Linda brought me out for 5 wonderful things on the 5th of Aug 2008: 1) Jiak-hong 2) Lunch 3) Shopping 4) Tea 5) Chit-chat.

Bless Linda for her kuat driving, we zoomed about town and I was starting to feel like a child enjoying a joy-ride. Then she brought us to Kuriya, a Japanese restaurant, for a lovely lunch. Let me see - it's been eight hours already - and folks, I'm extremely ecstatic to report that I survived an excellent dish of fugu. My first fugu. Highly recommended. But only at licensed Japanese restaurants please. Ehh, what's that? Sorry to inform you, Tekkapasat is not a licensed Japanese restaurant. You may end up with a tekkaperutsakit if you try to buy fugu from there OK!?! (hope I didn't infringe design copyright of the Brangelina Twins Magazine)

Although we passed the fugu test, Carolina and I suffered extreme dizziness from the moray. No, no, we didn't order the moray eel. Did I say moray? Excusez-moi (Carolina will understand why I use this). Sumimasen (Linda taught me this when we -Linda, Carolina and I were in Ibaraki, Japan, in 2003 for the ACMR Conference). What I meant was the 'moire effect' - and it came from the design of the seat covering. I did not take a photo of it, but if you're interested to see a mild form of the seat, er, I mean, moire pattern, click on this link:


Hello? Hello? If you see 2 'Hellos' it means you've recovered from the moire effect. By the way, if you're interested to see the moray eel and the fugu (puffer fish), try Ocean Footage for short (I mean very short) clips of these two marine fishes and others too:


From the sea, we now go to shopping. At JL's I bought a down-feather winter coat. From the coat, we fast forward to cheesecakes. Then from tea, we proceeded to tete-a-tete-a-tete (3 persons, so add one more tete).

Finally it was time to - go home? No! We booked another date to fellowship again. Didin't I start off this blog entry with Friends-Forever? Finally ... finally ... it's time to go home. In the car, I nearly dozed off with a smile. Dreamily, I submitted my verbal report of the day to the 2 Girls: This has been a Relak-one-korner, jangan-tension, maintain-balance Day. Just before I took my ten winks, I think I heard them reply: Friends-Forever. I'm sure I whispered an amen.

No comments: