Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Path He has for Me


When I first heard of this Scripture expounded by the preacher - Proverbs 4:18 "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the perfect day" - I was amazed by God's promise to me. Because I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus, it means that His path for me is like the radiance of dawn, and it will continue to shine ever brighter. It means that my today's-path is brighter than my yesterday's-path. It may not seem so in the secular world and in the earthly sense - but I've got to believe in faith that it is so, according to God's truth and promise. When a few ex colleagues heard that I'm leaving my previous job, they were well intentioned, and voiced some natural comments - mostly regarding the down-economy. It took me over a month to decide to accept and proceed with the scholarship for further studies. One of God's words that encouraged me is the above Pro 4:18. It assured me that my scholarship-days will shine brighter than my employment-days; and after that, my post-scholarship-days will again shine brighter than my scholarship-days. This is God's Path for me, certainly not my natural path. (The photo that I've uploaded is just a natural path @ AMK, only for the purpose of adding some colour to this posting)

1 comment:

Edward said...

I believe I can understand how difficult it was to leave a place and the pple that you are familiar with.
I have a book mark from my ex-colleague. The title of the book mark is "dare to dream".

Dare to dream, becos only by dreaming will you ever discover who you are, what you want, and what you can do. Let nothing hold you back from exploring your bold new thoughts.

Dont be afraid to dream big and go wherever your dreams lead you to. Take risks, be involved and be committed in making your dreams a reality.

Do whatever it takes.
Spread your wings and soar!