Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friends Forever 006





A child grows. People grow. Colleagues grow. And colleagues can grow into friends. Former colleagues: Zarifah, Aminah and Elizabeth - are colleagues who have grown into friends with me - and I with them, over the years.

This afternoon, they took me out for lunch at a very special halal eatery that Aminah had discovered: "Charco's - The Flaming Chicken" at Blk 608 AMK Ave 5. We took bus 138 from AMK Hub and alighted at the bus stop after YioChuKang Sec School. One can also alight at the next bus stop and then walk backwards. It's opened 7/7 from 11am to 10pm. It boasts quality food, fresh salads, and Western Australia owned.

To be honest, I was initially going like, "... hmmm, izit going to be bbq, goreng, and heaty stuff?" I was honest with Zarifah. I know I can be honest with friends. And I know she can understand my honest reservations.

But when I saw that it was not just about roasted chicken and ribs - but that they have 8 gorgeous salads - 3 to go with each main meal - and not to mention other side dishes - all my reservations were squashed. Elizabeth was similarly pleased, like me, a first timer at Charco's. She was slightly under the weather, but she just couldn't resist a lunch with friends. All this while, Aminah was beaming with pride about her cool recommendation. We ordered 3 main meals and tried all the 8 salads, including the yummy creme-potatoes - with biryani rice on the house - and all washed down with a tall glass of lime drink - in-between of which flew updates and chit-chat. After that, we proceeded to have Emicake's newly launched ExpressoCoffee-D24Durian cake at AMK Central - and - TipTop curry puffs - and this time washed down with kopi tiam tea.

Friends and Food. Coffee and Chitchat. Irresistable combinations that can breeze you from 2:3o to 8:00pm in a twinkle of an eye.

Highly Recommended: Charco's and Emicakes. Excellently Recommended: Friends.

No comments: