Saturday, June 27, 2009

emmasen 306






26Jun09
- Today is the final day of a 5-day course on effective communication.
- Glad it is over - each trip to Hendon - bus, tube, tube - alone is 2hrs.
- Nevertheless, it was an enriching course, including a 'teaching practice'.
- The newspapers' headlines featured the deaths of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett.
- During the course, we saw a video of a class learning John Keats' Ode to Autumn
- As Keats described it, autumn is so transcient
- So are tomorrows - they are so unpredictable, temporal and flimsy
- Left the university with a somewhat weary soul
- So many questions
- Did Michael and Farrah put their trust in Jesus?
- What lies ahead after this course? And after my studies?
- Praise Abba - I remember the lilies and the beautifully paved walk on my way in this morning
- Because my Abba promises that He will all the more take care of me, as He has for the lilies of the fields; and that my path in Christ Jesus will shine brighter and brighter - I need not worry about tomorrows ...
- Then the Holy Spirit led me to look at the bulletin board outside Hendon Methodist Church.
- On it is a picture of a sunrise and a verse: Jer 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you
declares The Lord
plans to prosper you and not to harm you
plans to give you hope and a future"
-What a glorious appointment to read God's Word in the midst of my questions
- The verse imparted tremendous rest and edification for my soul and spirit!
Praise Jesus!

No comments: