Monday, August 10, 2009

emmasen 350


9Aug09

Today is Sunday and also, Singapore's National Day.
After waking, I had a quiet time with my Lord.
I read the Bible and celebrated Abba's grace and love
and The Finished Work of Christ Jesus at the cross for me aredi and alwis with the Holy Communion.

Then I searched Youtube for Singapore's National Anthem and National Pledge:



As I stood at attention, I sang along with the National Anthem and declared the National Pledge.
Tears welled up.

As far as I can remember, mother instilled this habit of watching the National Day Parade on TV every year. She would prepare dinner early on every August 9 then settle down with us to watch the parade.

In 2002, I snuggled up to her on a bed in Singapore General Hospital. She had been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. We watched a bit of the parade before she said she was tired and wanted to sleep. That was the last year that I watched the parade with her. She returned to Jesus in all His glory in the following month.

I had never imagined that I would today spend National Day in London on 9 Aug 2009. I feel proud to be a Singaporean. But most of all, I feel so loved by Abba now that both my parents have returned to glory.

Although I am a child of my parents and a daughter of Singapore, what is most significant is that in Christ Jesus, I am a 'son' of ever-loving Abba Father! Hallelujah!

No comments: